Now more than ever, it is crucial to support our local Austin breweries.
Although a few have closed their taprooms, the majority of breweries in and around Austin are still open in some capacity! And they have done a great job of adding outdoor spaces if there weren’t any before.
This Austin Breweries COVID-19 Guide lists every brewery in the Greater Austin area that still has an open taproom for visiting. Each one has outdoor seating available, unless otherwise noted. And while taprooms are open, don’t expect a tour – they are on pause almost everywhere except Celis, which is still offering them by reservation.
This list was last updated on 12/11/20.
* = my personal recommendations
South Central / South
- 512 Brewing Company
- Nomadic Beerworks
- Pinthouse Pizza (South Lamar location) *
- St. Elmo Brewing Company
- The Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company *
- Last Stand Brewing Company (a little farther south)
- Blue Owl Brewing *
- Central Machine Works Brewing
- Friends and Allies Brewing Company
- Lazarus Brewing Company *
- Southern Heights Brewing Co.
- Zilker Brewing Company
- 4th Tap Brewing Cooperative
- Adelbert’s Brewery
- Austin Beerworks
- Celis Brewery *
- Circle Brewing Company
- Hopsquad Brewing Company
- Oskar Blues Brewery
- Bluebonnet Beer Company
- Pinthouse Pizza (Round Rock location) *
- Flix Brewhouse (movie theater – not outdoors. Also a chain, so not really local.)
- Red Horn Coffee House and Brewing Co. *
- Southpaw Brewing
- Whitestone Brewery
- Uncultured Ales (northwest Austin, technically)
Southwest / Dripping Springs
- Hitmaker Brewing Company
- Beerburg Brewing Company *
- Jester King Brewery *
- Last Stand Brewing Company
- 12 Fox Beer Co. *
- Acopon Brewing
- Bell Springs Brewing
- Family Business Beer Company
- Fitzhugh Brewing *
- One Shot Distillery and Brewery
- Suds Monkey Brewing Company
- Treaty Oak and Distilling Co.
- Twisted X Brewing Company
Credit to Craft Beer Austin for this resource, which helped me make sure I didn’t miss any breweries!